Garden & Outdoors
- Garden Furniture
- Garden Sheds & Greenhouses
- Decking Tiles
- Planting- & Pond Accessories
- Garden Tools
- Parasols & Sun Protection
- Garden Accessories
- Barbecues & Fire Pits
- Patio Heaters
- Garden Lighting
- Sports & Leisure
- Child & Baby
- Home & Furniture
- Pet Supplies
incl. VAT, free shipping
Whether you have a large garden, a charming patio or a cosy balcony, nothing beats a relaxing outdoor oasis allowing you to unwind, read, nap, gather or enjoy your favourite drink and the perfect breeze. However, if you spend a lot of time outside, you know that your little heaven is only as comfortable as the furniture that you sit or lounge on.
If you’re not sure which garden sofa set is best for your outdoor space and how to take care of it, read on and find out about…
Different Types of Garden Sofa Sets
Once you decide to invest in new garden or patio lounge furniture, you’ll find an abundance of different options, not only when it comes to material, but also when it comes to style and size.
In order to narrow down your options, think about how much space you have available. If you are lucky to have an ample garden or patio with a fire pit and love to gather, an L-shaped outdoor sofa that can seat up to eight or ten people or a luxurious garden day bed might be the perfect choice.
However, if your space is rather limited like a smaller patio or balcony, you might as well get two matching sun loungers and a small table to hold your summer refreshments. At DeubaXXL, we also carry a variety of balcony furniture that can comfortably seat a party of two.
Different materials and their benefits
Outdoor lounge sets are available in various materials that come with their own advantages. Which material is best for you, depends on your aesthetics and needs. Below are the most common ones and their characteristics:
- Poly rattan: This synthetic material has a natural look and won’t fade when exposed to direct sunlight. On top of that, it’s also weather resistant. Over the past years, poly rattan lounge furniture has become extremely popular as it is more affordable and much more durable than true rattan or wicker.
- Metal: Metal or wrought iron is not as common for outdoor lounging sets as it is for garden dining sets. Even though iron is durable and low maintenance, it can be heavier than synthetic or wood furniture. However, metal can give a modern edge to your outdoor space.
- Wood: If you love a rustic and natural look and are willing to treat your garden lounge set at least once a year, then outdoor furniture from weather-resistant wood like teak, acacia or white oak is a perfect choice.
- Plastic: If you have a limited budget and are looking for cheap lounge furniture, then you’ll find that plastic sets will be the most affordable. However, while the single elements are easy to lift and move around, they might have to be secured during windy days.
How to clean lounge furniture
How to properly clean your lounge furniture and cushions depends on their soil level. While a moist cloth is usually effective enough to clean the frames, you might want to use a soft brush and warm, soapy water for stubborn stains or dirt.
If you want to give your cushions a good clean, read the care instructions on the label. Waterproof materials can be hosed down or scrubbed with a wet brush, while you want to separately wash linen or cotton sleeves using the right temperature and detergent.
How to store garden lounge furniture in the winter
Most garden lounge sets can be kept outside during the colder months of the year. In order to save yourself from an extensive cleaning session in the spring, invest in a good outdoor cover that will keep your furniture dry and protected. Or consider storing it in your basement or garage, provided there is enough space.