Garden furniture sets and Patio sets
Comfortable and stylish garden tables and chairs upgrade your outdoor space and let you spend countless hours on your patio or in your backyard with family and friends. But when looking for new garden furniture sets to ring in the outdoor season, there are a few factors you should consider before setting up your little oasis. Read on to find out:
- Which outdoor furniture sets are best for you.
- Where to keep garden table and chairs in the winter.
- Which garden furniture sets can be left outside.
- Which outdoor furniture sets are best for the cold season.
- How to clean an outdoor table and chairs.
What are the best outdoor furniture sets to have?
To get the best out of your outdoor space, investing in quality garden furniture is key. That way, you’ll always have a cosy place to sit, lounge or even nap if you decide to not only get garden tables and chairs, but also a matching sun lounger. When choosing a new garden furniture set, ask yourself the following questions:
- How many pieces are you looking for? From large garden dining sets to small sets for balconies – your garden furniture or patio set can have as little as three pieces and as many as 10 pieces and up.
- What kind of atmosphere do you want to create? If you’re looking for a rustic charm, beer table and bench sets are probably the way to go. Rattan or metal frames are perfect for a more elegant outdoor space.
- How much maintenance are you willing to do? Most garden furniture sets are pretty low-maintenance. However, materials like wood might need to be treated occasionally.
- What’s your budget? While high-quality wood furniture is on the higher end of the price spectrum, synthetic materials like poly rattan tend to be more affordable. If you’re shopping off-season, you can also find patio sets on sale.
Where to keep garden furniture sets in the winter?
It’s very possible that you won’t want to use your garden set all year round. But this doesn’t mean you have to store the garden table and chairs in your garage or basement. If the furniture is on your patio, you can move it into a more sheltered corner. It’s also a good idea to invest in waterproof garden furniture covers that are particularly practical if your outdoor table and chairs are located in an open garden space.
Which garden table and chairs can be left outside?
Technically, you can leave most garden table and chairs outside as they are crafted out of weatherproof materials that are supposed to withstand moisture and heat. When treated with an oil sealant, even wood furniture can be left outside and last for up to 50 years. Steel or wrought iron patio furniture is not only the strongest, but also rust-resistant when properly coated. Synthetic resin wicker or poly rattan is waterproof while being resistant to fading.
What are the best outdoor furniture sets for cold seasons?
If you have a fairly sheltered deck, patio or balcony, you might want to take advantage of your patio set even during the much colder autumn and winter season. Maybe you even have a fire pit or an outdoor heat lamp that allows you to enjoy the fresh air and stay warm at the same time. Synthetic materials like poly rattan are great for colder climates and easy to dry off with a simple cloth. Make sure to invest in cushions made with water-resistant fabrics.
How to clean outdoor furniture sets?
The best way to clean your outdoor table and chairs depends on the material it is made of. Usually, a damp cloth can be used to wipe down plastic, poly rattan, resin wicker as well as steel, wrought iron and even wood. If your furniture has been exposed to the element for an extended period of time, you might want to use warm, soapy water and a soft brush to clean off stains or dry bird droppings.